Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 1 3/4 c (230 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c (67.5 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. (2 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) coarse salt
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup (155 g) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1- 1/2 cups (180 g) dried cranberries
- 1- 1/2 cups (260 g) bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
In a food processor, pulse the oats a couple of times until coarsely ground. Add to a large bowl along with flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until combined and set aside.
In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time along with vanilla and zest until thoroughly combined and occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl in between mixes. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Finally, mix in the cranberries and chocolate chips. If the dough is very soft, refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm. Portion out using a tablespoon ice cream scoop and bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges are set, lightly brown, and center of the cookies are still slightly soft. Cool completely and enjoy!